JOIN OUR TEAM!
For Ryan and I, working behind the scenes for Cookies by Kat has been the best job (albeit, the most challenging) either of us has ever had. Here’s what we’ve learned over the past few years:
- The ability to collaborate, share your ideas, and turn them into products in real time is incredibly rewarding
- People are awesome. We’ve met so many incredibly kind people working at farmer’s markets/events/at Costco, etc. Meeting the people who genuinely love and appreciate the very thing that you do is a great feeling!
- Working alongside your “boss” in the trenches and being a real person in their eyes is superior to being just another worker (love you Ryan)
We are a tiny but mighty team of two, looking for individuals that love our cookies almost as much as we do. Ryan and I are very open minded and collaborative, which means we’re looking for individuals with passion, creativity and big ideas. There are tons of challenges that come with running a small business, and we are going to need creative problem solvers to help along the way.
We believe that the most valuable resource anybody has to offer is their time, energy and passion. For that reason, those that invest in the business and help it grow should be rewarded accordingly. Taking care of the people that take care of us is at the core of our philosophy as human beings and we plan to live up to that standard for as long as Cookies by Kat is in business.
Now for the nitty gritty:
What you’ll primarily be helping with:
- Baking (Cookies, brownies, cakes, butter tarts, cheesecakes, etc)
- Ingredient prep (peeling carrots, zesting limes, shelling PB cups, etc)
- Dough Prep (stuffing/rolling cookie balls)
- Farmer’s markets / events (customer service! This sometimes means standing in the cold/rain/heat for multiple hours)
Must have criteria:
- Passion for all things baking
- An open mind and a willingness to learn and adapt on the spot
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Creative spirit and big dreams
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Problem solver
- Driver’s license
- Can lift 50lbs+
- Flexible availability (weekends/evenings are a must)
If this opportunity excites you as much as it excites us, email your resume to email@example.com to set up a preliminary meet and greet :)